Sign in when you don't have your phone with you
Important: This help article applies to the Single Sign-on service, which is being replaced by Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Note that backup codes are not a feature of Microsoft MFA.
- If you're using a device that you've used before, and you selected Don't ask for a code again on this device, you don't need your phone to sign in at all.
- Use one of your backup verification codes.
- If you can't access your backup codes, contact the IT Services Help Desk for a single-use code. Email helpdesk at warwick dot ac dot uk or telephone 024 7657 3737.
Tip: After you sign in, go to https://websignon.warwick.ac.uk/origin/account/twostep and copy your backup codes. Save these somewhere you can access without having to sign in – for example, a printed copy in your wallet.
Two-step authentication help
- Turn on two-step authentication
- Sign in with an authenticator app
- Sign in with a text message
- Sign in when you don't have your phone with you
- Backup verification codes
- What duration should I choose?
- Lost or stolen phones
- Use an alternative device to authenticate
- New device or changed phone number
- Revoke remembered devices
- Private browsing
- Allow cookies from the Single Sign-on domain
Temporarily without a phone or unable to use a phone, for some reason? Your options are:
- Use backup codes to verify, you'll need to print these in advance
- Use an alternative device to authenticate, this must be a secondary device