To avoid being prompted to enter a verification code each time you sign in, choose a duration from the Don't ask for a code again on this device drop-down list: until you close your browser; one week; one month; six months; one year.
Your device is now added to your list of remembered devices.
When choosing a duration, consider the environment you're using your device in and the level of risk should someone else gain access to your account.
For example, if you regularly administer sensitive data – such as students' personal information or clinical trials data – we recommend that you choose Until you close your browser. Also, it's best to choose a short duration when you use shared computers in internet cafés or Warwick work spaces.
If you use a computer that's physically secure – at your own desk in a Warwick office, for example – and you don't routinely access sensitive data, longer durations may be more appropriate.
- Turn on two-step authentication
- Sign in with an authenticator app
- Sign in with a text message
- Sign in when you don't have your phone with you
- Backup verification codes
- What duration should I choose?
- Lost or stolen phones
- Use an alternative device to authenticate
- New device or changed phone number
- Revoke remembered devices
- Private browsing
- Allow cookies from the Single Sign-on domain