If you've selected Don't ask for a code again on this device and you subsequently lose that phone or it's stolen, you need to revoke permissions for the device. This prevents someone who knows your password being able to sign in to your account using the lost or stolen phone.
In this article:
Remove the remembered device from your ITS Account
- Go to https://websignon.warwick.ac.uk/origin/account/twostep
- Under Remembered devices, locate the lost or stolen device.
Click Forget device:
- In the Forget a device pop-up window, click Confirm.
End a signed-in session on a lost or stolen device
- Go to warwick.ac.uk/myaccount
Current logins shows the devices that are currently signed in to your ITS Account. Review the list for the lost or stolen device, then click End:
- In the End session pop-up window, click End session to confirm.
- Turn on two-step authentication
- Sign in with an authenticator app
- Sign in with a text message
- Sign in when you don't have your phone with you
- Backup verification codes
- What duration should I choose?
- Lost or stolen phones
- Use an alternative device to authenticate
- New device or changed phone number
- Revoke remembered devices
- Private browsing
- Allow cookies from the Single Sign-on domain