About this taught graduate course
The MSc Global Central Banking and Financial Regulation is a part-time, online programme delivered in partnership with the Bank of England. Postgraduate (PG) Award, PG Certificate and PG Diploma qualification options are also available. The WBS website offers further information on this course.
Built with banking, finance and professional services industry professionals in mind, this specialised programme has been designed to introduce the latest evidence led and practice informed financial regulation and monetary policy.
Skills from this degree
- Expertise: The modular structure of the programme allows you to study and focus on an individual module topic and to return to build up to a higher award and further expertise at a later date
- Better ‘on the job’ performance: Continuing to work while studying allows you the opportunity to make theory accessible and relevant, applying it to your day-to-day work and reflecting upon the practicalities of the real world
- Evidence your knowledge: Completion of this programme provides evidence of your professional learning while providing new skills and insights through cutting-edge research and the latest thought-leadership in financial regulation
- Best practice: You will bring back to your organisation many proven tools, ideas and best practice, as well as being able to apply your new knowledge with a greater awareness of the wider operating environment
- Global network: Benefit from being part of a global cohort, allowing you to develop your professional network and understand different cultures and work practices.
General entry requirements
Candidates must possess previous relevant work experience within the banking and financial regulation sector.
2:i undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a related subject or possess demonstrable experience of working in banking and financial regulation at a level sufficient with the requirements of the course.
English language requirements
You can find out more about our English language requirements. This course requires the following:
- Band B
- IELTS 7.0 - all four language components have to be scored 6.0+, with maximum of two components at lowest level 6.0 or 6.5.
We welcome applications from students with other internationally recognised qualifications.
For more information, please visit the international entry requirements page.
There are no additional entry requirements for this course.
This programme consists of six modules (from a choice of seven) of equal weighting and a Research Methods and Dissertation module.
Upon successful completion of a single 20-credit module, you will be awarded a Postgraduate Award.
From this, you may wish to build up to a higher qualification level such as a Postgraduate Certificate (on completion of three 20-credit modules), a Postgraduate Diploma (on completion of six 20-credit modules) or a full MSc.
- Research Methods and Dissertation (MSc option only)
Plus six of the following:
- Comparative Central Banking
- Money, Banks and Macroeconomics
- Financial Regulation and Supervision
- Monetary Policy and Monetary Analysis
- Financial Markets and Financial Risk Management
- Behavioural Finance and Big Data
- Financial Conduct, Leadership and Ethics
This programme is taught 100% online and delivered on the same bespoke platform, my.wbs, as our Distance Learning MBA.
You will be taught through a variety of methods which may include live or recorded lectures and material, group work, formative exercises, reflective exercises and forum participation.
Typical contact hours
Each module, excluding your dissertation, is taught in a 17-week slot. As a guide, you can expect to spend approximately 11 hours studying each week.
Your learning will be assessed through a variety of methods. These may include online timed assessments, and individual written assignments or reports.
Helping you find the right career
We have our own dedicated careers team at Warwick Business School called WBS CareersPlus. You will have access to one-to-one career guidance appointments, CV checks and tailored mock interviews.
The WBS CareersPlus team will support you and help you to understand yourself and your strengths. They can help you to identify possible career paths, and to set and achieve your career ambitions. This helps to boost your employability and helps you prepare for your career.
You can take advantage of personalised careers coaching and advice. Our one to one careers appointments can help you if you have a question about writing applications, wish to explore your career options, or need to prepare for interviews and assessment centres.
Warwick Business School
If you’re interested in the bigger picture, comfortable challenging assumptions and want a degree that will open doors, then WBS is the place for you. We will give you the foundation for change and prepare you for your future career. Are you ready to make your mark in the world of business?
The vision of WBS is to be Europe’s leading University-based Business School, developing transformational ideas and people that shape how we do business. We recognise that rankings are one way to profile our progress towards fulfilling this vision, and are proud to participate in the major global business education rankings.
QS Business Masters Rankings 2022
Masters in Business Analytics – 12th in the world, 3rd in the UK
Masters in Marketing – 7th in the world, 2nd in the UK
Masters in Management – 19th in the world, 4th in the UK
Masters in Finance – 20th in the world, 6th in the UK
Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking 2021
15th in the world, 3rd in the UK
Our Postgraduate Taught courses
- Accounting and Finance (MSc)
- Business Analytics (MSc)
- Business and Finance (MSc)
- Business with Consulting (MSc)
- Business with Marketing (MSc)
- Business with Operations Management (MSc)
- Finance (MSc)
- Finance and Economics (MSc)
- Global Central Banking and Financial Regulation (MSc)
- International Business (MSc)
- Management (MSc)
- Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation (MSc)
- Marketing and Strategy (MSc)
- Mathematical Finance (MSc)
- Business Administration (Distance Learning) (MBA)
- Business Administration (Executive) (MBA)
- Business Administration (Full-time) (MBA)
- B2B Marketing (PGDip)
- Digital Leadership (PGDip)
- Organisational Change (PGDip)
- Strategic Leadership (PGDip)
- Strategy and Innovation (PGDip)
Our Postgraduate Research courses
Tuition fees are payable for each year of your course at the start of the academic year, or at the start of your course, if later. Academic fees cover the cost of tuition, examinations and registration and some student amenities.
Fee Status Guidance
The University carries out an initial fee status assessment based on information provided in the application and according to the guidance published by UKCISA. Students are classified as either Home or Overseas Fee status and this can determine the tuition fee and eligibility of certain scholarships and financial support.
If you receive an offer, your fee status will be stated with the tuition fee information, however we are awaiting guidance from the UK government regarding fee status for EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals and their family members living in the UK for academic year 2021/22 onwards. We are not able to confirm the fee status for these students until the relevant eligibility criteria have been confirmed. Once we have received further information from the UK government, we will provide you with an update on your fee status and let you know if any additional information is required. If you believe your fee status has been incorrectly classified you can complete a fee status assessment questionnaire (follow the instructions in your offer) and provide the required documentation for this to be reassessed.
The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) provides guidance to UK universities on fees status criteria, you can find the latest guidance on the impact of Brexit on fees and student support on the UKCISA website.
Additional course costs
As well as tuition fees and living expenses, some courses may require you to cover the cost of field trips or costs associated with travel abroad. Information about department specific costs should be considered in conjunction with the more general costs below, such as:
- Core text books
- Printer credits
- Dissertation binding
- Robe hire for your degree ceremony
Scholarships and bursaries
Find out how to apply to us, ask your questions, and find out more.
Here is our checklist on how to apply for taught postgraduate courses at Warwick.
Here is our checklist on how to apply for research postgraduate degrees at the University of Warwick.