Beate Baldauf is a Senior Research Fellow at the Warwick Institute for Employment Research, University of Warwick. With a background in social sciences, she has been working in research for more than 30 years and is experienced in both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
Since joining the Institute in 2000 her research has focused on working in later life, higher and vocational education and training (including research on apprenticeships and graduates); and sector studies on aspects of the health and social care labour market.
Prior to IER she worked at other research institutes in the UK and Germany, notably the Centre for Educational Development, Appraisal and Research (CEDAR) at the University of Warwick, where she took up a two-year EC funded Human Capital and Mobility research fellowship, and the (now) International Centre for Higher Education Research (INCHER) at the University of Kassel, Germany. Key research areas included doctoral education and research training and graduate labour markets in Germany.
- Identification of factors affecting successful outcomes in the DDU-GKY Indian skills programme for unemployed young people. Funded by ESRC. Project Start Date: 3/10/2018 - Project End Date: 02/10/2020 [details]
- Study on the wider benefits of completing a degree. With Wil Hunt, Heike Behle, David Owen, Gaby Atfield, Daria Luchinskaya, David Owen and Clare Lyonette. Funded by Department for Education. Project Start Date: 22/10/2018 - Project End Date: 17/05/2019 [details]
- Literature Review of Student Choices at 18. With Peter Dickinson, Wil Hunt and Alan Brown. Funded by the Department for Education. Project Start Date: 16/04/2018 - Project End Date: 31/07/2018 [details]
- High-level Analysis of the Dynamics of the Community Optical workforce. With Clare Lyonette and Erika Kispeter. Funded by Federation of Opticians. Project Start Date: 14/12/15 - Project End Date: 18/03/2016 [details]
- Lyonette, C., Atfield, G., Baldauf, B. and Owen, D. (2019) Research on the educational psychologist workforce: research report. Department for Education (March).
Lyonette, C., Hunt, W. and Baldauf, B. (2017) Occupations and skills of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Graduates and Postgraduates. A report prepared for The British Academy, [Report] [view]
- Green, A., de Hoyos, M., Barnes, S-A., Baldauf, B. and Behle, H. (2014) 'Exploratory Research on Internet-enabled Work Exchanges and Employability. Analysis and synthesis of qualitative evidence on crowdsourcing for work, funding and volunteers.', Editors: Stewart, J., [Report] [view]
- Lindley, R., Baldauf, B., Galloway, S., and Li, Y. (2014) 'Older volunteers in England: Towards greater flexibility and inclusiveness?' in Active ageing: Voluntary work by older people in Europe., Editors: A. Principi, P. H. Jensen and G. Lamura, Bristol: The Policy Press
- Lyonette, C. and Baldauf, B. (2010) 'Quality part-time work: responses to the recession', Warwick Institute for Employment Research, University of Warwick: Government Equalities Office, [Report] [view]
- Green, A. E., Baldauf, B. and Owen, D. (2009) 'Short-term mobility', Coventry: Warwick Institute for Employment Research, University of Warwick, Report to the European commission, [Report] [view]
- Pappadà, G. and Baldauf, B. (2004) 'Due realtà a confronto: l'occupazione nell'assistenza domiciliare agli anziani in Emilia Romagna e in Inghilterra' 80/81, [article]
All conference presentations