Mariam joined the Warwick Institute for Employment Research in October 2012. She was awarded her PhD in May 2017. On completion of her doctoral studies she returned to lecturing in the Department of IRPM, University of Lagos.
Her thesis was directed towards investigating the cultural side of work-life balance of women working and living in Lagos State, Nigeria. Her interest in issues concerning workers and their organizations started during her secondary school days. Mariam holds a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management (IRPM) from the University of Lagos, Nigeria.
Mariam is an Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria. She has also earned the Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR) certification awarded by the HR Certification Institute®, an affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management.
Work-life balance, workplace flexibility and international human resource management.
- Anyim, C., Elegbede, T. and Gbajumo-Sheriff, M. (2011) ‘Collective Bargaining dynamics in the Nigerian Public and Private Sectors’, Australian Journal of Business and Management Research, 1:5, 63-70
- Fajana, S. and Gbajumo-Sheriff, M. (2011) ‘Mentoring: A human resource tool for achieving organisational effectiveness’, in Olowu (ed.), Mentoring: a key issue in human resource management, IFE PsychologIA, Ile-Ife, 1,420-432
- Fajana, S., Owoyemi, O., Elegbede, T. and Gbajumo-Sheriff, M. (2011) ‘Human Resource Management Practices in Nigeria’, Journal of Management and Strategy, 2:2, 57-62
- Gbajumo-Sheriff, M., Owoyemi, O. and Elegbede, T. (2011) ‘The challenges of Human Resource Management Practices in the Informal Sector in Nigeria’, Chinese Business Review Journal, 10:5, 340-351
- Gbajumo-Sheriff, M. (2011) ‘Case Study: Impact of Niger-Delta Crisis on Human Resource Practices in Oil Companies’, paper presented at the 6th African Regional Congress of the International Labour and Employment Relations Association (ILERA), 24-28 January, Lagos. Available from http://www.ilo.org/public/english/iira/documents/congresses/regional/lagos2011/4thsession/session4a/niger-deltacrisis.pdf
- Owoyemi, O., Oyelere, M., Elegbede, T. and Gbajumo-Sheriff, M. (2011) ‘Enhancing Employees’ Commitment to organization through training’, International Journal of Business and Management, 6:7, 280-286
- Owoyemi, O., Elegbede, T. and Gbajumo-Sheriff, M. (2011) ‘Age Diversity and the Future of Nigeria Workforce’, the European Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Sciences.30, 65-75.
- 3rd Annual Conference on Global Economic Downturn and the Nigerian Economy by the Finance Department of the University of Lagos on May 5-6, 2010.
- Roundtable discussion on Industrial Relations in banking sector on 21st of May, 2010, at ASSBIFI Avenue, Central Business District, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
- 2nd International Conference on Entrepreneurship in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 11-12th October, 2010, with a paper presentation on ,”The Challenges of Human Resource Management Practices in the Informal Sector in Nigeria”, ISBN (978-967-5705-01-4).
- 6th Annual Research Conference and Fair with the theme, “Optimizing Research and Development through Collaboration with Industry” on October 20-21, 2010 at the University of Lagos, Nigeria.
- 6th African Regional Congress of the International Labour and Employment Relations Association (ILERA) with the theme “Emerging trends in Employment Relations in Africa: National and International Perspectives” held at the University of Lagos between 24th-28th January 2011 with a paper presentation on “Impact of Niger-Delta crisis on human resource practices in oil companies”.
- 1st Annual Nottingham-Birmingham-Warwick DTC Student Conference on 14th of November, 2012 at the University of Nottingham, UK.