This project is a major initiative by Cedefop (the European Centre for the Development of Vocational Education and Training) to forecast the demand for and supply of skills in Europe in a regular, consistent and systematic way. IER is leading a consortium of 10 research organisations across Europe who are undertaking a 4 year project to:
- produce projections of skills demand and supply;
- model the interaction between supply and demand, developing alternative scenarios, and evaluating the projections;
- evaluate difficult methodological issues related to forecasting labour demand and supply;
- broaden the expertise on pan-European Labour Market Forecasting; and
- strengthen the current network of researchers and experts in this area.
This project builds on the work to develop a Pan European Forecasting models which began in 2005. Click here for further background information.
Project duration: October 2008 - December 2012