Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
Captions (subtitles) are text alternatives to on screen content which capture all the spoken audio, plus on-screen text and descriptions of key visual information that wouldn’t otherwise be accessible without seeing the video.
Captions help participants who have sight or hearing impairments as well as non-native speakers.
You can create caption files yourself or use free automated services to help.
Your captions file must be .srt format and saved to your computer.
- Upload your video/audio to eStream
- Navigate to the video by hovering over the profile icon at the top right and click MyHome
- Click the spyglass to show all tour videos or filter using the search
- Click the thumbnail for the video
- Click on Upload Subtitles File (.srt)
- Select the .srt file from your computer
When viewing the video, click on the CC icon to enable captions (subtitles).
The information on this page relates to eStream and was last updated December 2020.
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)