Captions (subtitles) are text alternatives to on screen content which capture all the spoken audio, plus on-screen text and descriptions of key visual information that wouldn’t otherwise be accessible without seeing the video.
Captions help participants who have sight or hearing impairments as well as non-native speakers.
You can create caption files yourself or use free automated services to help.
- Upload your video/audio to eStream
- Navigate to the video by hovering over the profile icon at the top right and click MyHome
- Click the spyglass to show all tour videos or filter using the search
- Click the thumbnail for the video
- Click on Upload Subtitles File (.srt)
- Select the .srt file from your computer
When viewing the video, click on the CC icon to enable captions (subtitles).
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)