This guide describes what the Page resource in Moodle is, how it can be used, and how it is created.
The Page resource is essentially a web page within Moodle. It can be used to display various types of content and multimedia such as text, images, audio, video, embedded code or a combination of all these.
For large amounts of content, a Book is more suitable than a Page.
- Click Add an activity or resource.
- Choose Page from the Resources list.
- Give the Page a Name.
- Give the page a Description and choose whether to Display on the course page.
- Create the Page contents in the Page content box. This can include text, images, other multimedia and embedded content such as YouTube. You can switch to HTML to paste embed codes using the </> icon.
- Feel free to use a pre-defined template to improve the appearance of your page. Templates are available by clicking on the Templates4U icon (the clipboard icon).
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save and display or Save and return to course.
Watch the video below for further demonstration (02:21):
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Use groups and groupings
- Import and populate groups
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)