This guide explains how to create the URL resource type in Moodle. A URL is a link to a website or online file.
- Navigate to the relevant Moodle space and click Turn editing on.
- Click Add an activity or resource.
- Choose URL (weblink) from the Resource list.
- Under General, give the URL a Name and enter the URL into the External URL box. You can also give the URL a description.
- Under Appearance, select how you want your URL to be displayed from the Display drop-down menu. By default, this is set to New window. You can see information about each option by clicking the question mark icon next to the menu.
- Click Save and display.
You should only select Embed from the Display menu if your URL begins https:// - otherwise, please select another option.
Watch the Moodle video guide below for a visual demonstration (02:00):
The information on this page relates to Moodle v3.10 and was last updated August 2021.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Use groups and groupings
- Import and populate groups
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)