The Skills Tent provides access to a wealth of expertise, support and resources to assist you as you explore your career options.
Sessions and resources are available to support development of core skills, from problem solving and critical thinking to working effectively in a team.
Employer skills sessions are also available so that you can hear directly from them about skills development they value.
Our programme of careers workshops covers a range of topics, from creating a CV to successfully preparing an application or for an assessment centre.
The new Warwick Core Skills Award
Planning next career steps can seem like a challenge alongside your studies. Launching for 2022/23, the new Warwick Core Skills Award will give you access to a structured employability skills development process to guide you through your studies.
As part of this term's Festival of Careers, we will be running a series of webinars to introduce you to this exciting new upcoming programme.
These sessions are designed to:
- Set out what skills employers need you to evidence in order to secure your dream first role
- Introduce you to the 12 Warwick Core Skills that you will need to master in order to earn the award
- How you can gain award units through a range of transformational academic and extracurricular development opportunities, including volunteering, work placements, international mobility, research projects & training courses
- Enable you to gain an insight into how employment ready you are by completing the new Core Skills Self-Assessment
- Inform you of pilot award activities that will be available during the spring and summer terms 2022, offering the chance to start acquiring award units for the Warwick Core Skills Award ahead of its formal launch
Skills Tent events feed
Select events below to book via myAdvantage