You may be keen to set up your own business so it’s worth thinking about the skills and qualities needed to be an entrepreneur. Maybe you want to set up a social enterprise or have spotted a gap in the market for a product or service.
What does it take?
You need to understand your personality type and what motivates you - have a look at the self awareness resources.
Find opportunities that will give you experience of managing a project, developing your persuading and influencing skills, making decisions and using your creativity to gain the skills and networking you need to set up your own business.
- Prospects guide to self employment
- idoxj4b: sources of funding for small businesses
- National Centre for Entrepreneurship in Education (NCEE)
- National Association of College & University Entrepreneurs (NACUE)
- Shell LiveWIRE - online community for young entrepreneurs
- Enactus - students in free enterprise
- Bplans: how to write a business plan