What does it take?
You may be keen to set up your own business so it’s worth thinking about the skills and qualities needed to be an entrepreneur. Maybe you want to set up a social enterprise or have spotted a gap in the market for a product or service.
People who become entrepreneurs often start out as intrapreneurs – employees who are good at spotting opportunities and are innovative within an organisation. Find opportunities that will give you experience of managing a project, developing your persuading and influencing skills, making decisions and using your creativity to gain the skills and networking you need to set up your own business.
- Prospects guide to self employment
- idoxj4b: sources of funding for small businesses
- National Centre for Entrepreneurship in Education (NCEE)
- National Association of College & University Entrepreneurs (NACUE)
- Shell LiveWIRE - online community for young entrepreneurs
- Enactus - students in free enterprise
- Bplans: how to write a business plan