The CV plugin allows you to create an online curriculum vitae / résumé. You can either publish your entire CV or individual components of it in your portfolio. Each of the following items are individual artefacts that can be added.
- Introduction – cover letter, contact and personal information
- Employment and education history
- Certifications, accreditations and awards
- Books and publications, professional memberships
- Personal, academic and career goals
- Personal, academic and work skills
In the Education and Employment section you can add as many qualifications and positions held as required.
For education the start date and Institution are compulsory fields however there is also fields to add an End date, Institution address Qualification type, Qualification name and a large field for a Qualification description and the option to add attachments.
Educational history can be reordered using the arrows on the left (1), and additional information can be gleamed by clicking the qualification item (in green).
(2) shows the compressed information, qualification name, type and the institute it was obtained form.
(3) shows the expanded qualification information, qualification description, institute address and any attachments. When sharing this section be it individually or as part of your whole CV this information will be displayed in a similar format.
As with Qualifications the employment history displays in a similar format, this time the compulsory information being Start Date, Employer and Job Title, with the option to include End Date, Employer Address and Position Description, also with the option to attach relevant files.
Under Achievements you have the option to add entries to three sections, the first for Certifications, Accreditations and Awards, the second for Books and Publications and the last for Professional Memberships.
Certifications, Accreditations and Awards
- Compulsory - Date and Title
- Optional - Description and Attach Files
Books and Publications
- Compulsory – Date, Title and Contribution
- Optional – Details of your Contribution, Attach Files and URL
- Compulsory – Start Date and Title
- Optional – End date, Description and Attach Files
Under goals and skills you have the option to add
- Personal skills
- Academic gals
- Career goals
- Personal skills
- Academic skills
- Work skills
In each section there is the option to add a description (1) and to add relevant files as attachments (2).
The final Section for your CV is Interests, this section simply gives you a text field to add details of your interests.
Adding your Resume to a page
Once you have set up content in your CV you can choose to share your whole CV or select individual sections from it (via a page)
The information on this page relates to Mahara 18.10 and was last updated December 2018.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Enable Warwick Guest Access
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Grant extensions for assessments in Moodle
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- eStream mobile app
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle