Coronavirus (Covid-19): Latest updates and information
Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Request a Replacement Certificate

The University may produce a single replacement copy of your award certificate, where your original certificate is lost or stolen. Replacement certificates are issued with the name that you were known as at the time of your studies. Upon issuing a replacement, the original certificate is ‘cancelled’, so please be sure you need to do this.

If you have more than one award from the University and need to request a replacement certificate for each of your awards, please submit one form per award and use the comments box to confirm that you are submitting additional requests. If you are requesting a courier delivery of multiple certificates, please only select the courier option on your first submission.

Please complete the form below and ensure that you upload a copy of your proof of identity (eg.passport, driving licence). If you have changed your name since you were enrolled at Warwick please also provide proof of your name change (for example your marriage certificate or change of name deed - this is purely to establish your identity and to link it to the name you were known as at the time of your studies - your name will NOT be changed on the replacement certificate to your new name).

If you need additional authorised copies, please confirm below and we will issue these at the same time (there is no charge for authorised copies).

The current charges for a single replacement certificate are:

• Replacement certificate (to collect) – £40.00

• Replacement certificate sent via Royal Mail Special Delivery (or International Signed For delivery if outside of the UK) – £40.00

• Replacement certificate sent via courier to address in the UK – £60.00

• Replacement certificate sent via courier to address outside the UK – £80.00

After completing this form you will be taken to secure payment screens to make your payment online.

Replacement certificates are usually issued and dispatched within 10 working days of receipt of request. However, during graduation periods (January and July) it may take us longer to fulfil requests for replacement certificates, while we prioritise ceremonies and the posting of original certificates.

Please provide an address where someone can sign for the delivery. Our standard postal method to UK is RMSD (signed for), and to overseas is International Recorded Delivery (signed for). If collecting, please type 'n/a' and complete the next field.

If you wish to collect your certificate in person from the University, please type your name. If you wish for someone else to collect for you, please type in their name. NOTE: If you have nominated someone else to collect your certificate, you must provide them with a letter of authorisation which they should bring with them and their own proof of ID when collecting your certificate. We will not release your certificate to any other person. We will send you an email when your certificate is ready to collect.

Please provide us with any other information we may need to know in order to process your request.
Attach file
No files are currently attached.
If you have changed names since you have graduated, please provide appropriate ID documents so we can see the name connection (eg marriage/divorce certificate, change of name deed etc). If you have any queries, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page.
Privacy statement
This data on this form will be used to process your request for a replacement certificate. We will store the fact that you have requested the information and your contact details to receive the information, but we will not send you any information beyond that which you have requested, nor will we use the data for any other purpose.