Each graduand is entitled to request a maximum of two guest tickets for entry to Butterworth Hall. Please see the note below about additional guest tickets.
Additional guests (without entrance tickets to Butterworth Hall) can view the ceremony from the permanent screen situated outside on the Rootes building, close to the Arts Centre venue, and from screens inside Fusion, located on the first floor of Rootes building.
Alternatively, we are now offering a live stream of the ceremony which can be viewed here, allowing family and friends to watch from the comfort of home.
- There is no charge for guest tickets, entrance is free;
- You reserve your guest tickets when you register online- only two guest tickets are guaranteed per graduand;
- Young children aged 2 and over will require a seat, they will not be permited to sit on the lap of another guest due to venue restrictions. Please make alternative arrangements for young children to be looked after should they not have a ticket. A free Kids Club/Crèche is available to cover the duration of the ceremony, booking is essential as places are limited and are on a first come first served basis;
- You should indicate on the registration form if any of your guaranteed guests need accessible seating. As flat floor seating is extremely limited, please indicate on the form if your guest is able to transfer from their wheelchair to Hall seating or if a space for a wheelchair is required;
- Ensure that your guests arrive promptly and are aware of the seating times etc. If your guests are arriving after graduand seating closes please leave your guest tickets with our staff at the Information Point in the Art Centre. Any guests arriving late (i.e. after 30 minutes prior to the start time of the ceremony) will not be guaranteed entry to the Butterworth Hall as any unoccupied seats will be re-allocated to other guests in attendence on the day;
- Your guests are welcome to either sit together or apart from one another. Those wishing to sit together should enter the Hall together;
- Guests are not necessarily required to wear smart clothes, but as the ceremonies are a formal event, most do prefer to be dressed appropriately for the occasion (eg collar and tie);
- Any guest(s) travelling by car but not travelling with the graduand should also use the Park & Ride facility from Stoneleigh Park (CV8 2LG) and must not park on campus. The ceremonies take place on normal working days for the Universities and so there will be no spare parking for those attending Graduation ceremonies.
Additional guest tickets
Any spare tickets which become available on the day will be issued strictly on a first-come first-served basis (subject to a maximum of two per graduand). Any spare tickets may be collected from 08.30 (for 11.00 ceremonies), and from 11.30 (for 15.00 ceremonies). These may only be requested by the graduand, at the same time as collecting pre-allocated tickets in the Ensemble Room, Arts Centre.