Each graduand is entitled to request a maximum of two guest tickets for entry to Butterworth Hall. These are requested as part of the registration process, and so please check carefully that you have requested the correct number of tickets.
You should indicate on the registration form if any of your guaranteed guests need accessible seating. As flat floor seating is extremely limited, please indicate on the form if your guest is able to transfer from their wheelchair to Hall seating or if a space for a wheelchair is required
Guest tickets will be issued to the graduand on the day when collecting their graduand ticket.
Any children, aged 2 years or over will require their own guest ticket to enter the hall due to strict venue restrictions and so please take this into consideration for your plans on the day. You may wish to take advantage of our free creche/kids club. Find out more and how to book this here.
Additional Guest Tickets
Any spare tickets which become available on the day will be issued strictly on a first-come first-served basis (subject to a maximum of two per graduand). Any spare tickets may be collected from 08.30 (for 11.00 ceremonies), and from 11.30 (for 15.00 ceremonies). These may only be requested by the graduand, at the same time as collecting pre-allocated tickets. There is no charge for additional tickets.
Guests Without Tickets
Additional guests (without entrance tickets to Butterworth Hall) can view the ceremony from the permanent big screen situated outside on the Rootes building, close to the Arts Centre venue.
Alternatively, we are now offering a live stream of the ceremony which can be viewed here, allowing family and friends to watch from the comfort of home.
On the Day
- Ensure that your guests arrive promptly and are aware of the seating times etc. If your guests are arriving after graduand seating closes please leave your guest tickets with our staff at the Information Point. Any guests arriving late (i.e. after 30 minutes prior to the start time of the ceremony) will not be guaranteed entry to the Butterworth Hall as any unoccupied seats will be re-allocated to other guests on the waiting list on the day;
- Guests will enter through a separate entrance to the hall to graduands. Please follow signage on the day;
- Your guests are welcome to either sit together or apart from one another. Those wishing to sit together should enter the Hall together (seat numbers are not allocated in advance);
- Guests are not necessarily required to wear smart clothes, but as the ceremonies are a formal event, most do prefer to be dressed appropriately for the occasion (eg collar and tie);
- Any guest(s) travelling by car but not travelling with the graduand should also use the Park & Ride facility from Stoneleigh Park (CV8 2LG) and must not park on campus. The ceremonies take place on normal working days for the Universities and so there will be no spare parking for those attending Graduation ceremonies.