Each graduand is entitled to request a maximum of two guest tickets for entry to Butterworth Hall. These are requested as part of the registration process, and so please check carefully that you have requested the correct number of tickets. We are not able to allocate any more than two tickets in advance of the day.
You should indicate on the registration form if any of your guaranteed guests need accessible seating. As flat floor seating is extremely limited, please indicate on the form if your guest is able to transfer from their wheelchair to a seat in the Hall or if a space for a wheelchair is required.
Guest tickets will be issued to the graduand on the day when collecting their graduand ticket.
Any children aged 2 years or over will require their own guest ticket to enter the hall due to strict venue restrictions and so please take this into consideration for your plans on the day. You may wish to take advantage of our free creche/kids club. Find out more and how to book this here.
Additional Guest Tickets
We are not able to issue any additional tickets in advance of the day. Any spare tickets which become available will be issued strictly on a first-come first-served basis on the day of your ceremony (subject to a maximum of two per graduand). Any spare tickets may be collected from ticketing from 08.30 (for 11.00 ceremonies), and from 11.30 (for 15.00 ceremonies). These may only be requested by the graduand, at the same time as collecting pre-allocated tickets. There is no charge for additional tickets. We cannot guarantee that there will be spare tickets available on the day so please make alternative arrangements for additional guests in case no additional tickets are available.
When no spare tickets are available, we will operate a waiting list ticket system. The graduand can collect waiting list tickets from ticketing when collecting pre-allocated guest tickets. Waiting list tickets are numbered and guests should follow the instructions on the ticket on where and when to wait. Once the doors to the hall close, and all guests with tickets are seated, colleagues from the Arts Centre will call out numbers in order to fill as many available seats as possible. Please note that waiting list tickets are not guaranteed entry to the Hall.
Guests Without Tickets
Additional guests (without entrance tickets to Butterworth Hall) can view the ceremony from various screens on campus, including; the permanent big screen situated outside on the Rootes building, the screen outside of the Woods-Scawen Room in the Arts Centre and screens in Fusion Bar in the Rootes Building.
Alternatively, we are now offering a live stream of the ceremony which can be viewed here, allowing family and friends to watch from a mobile device or the comfort of home.
On the Day
- Ensure that your guests arrive promptly and are aware of the seating times (all guests and graduands must be seated 30 minutes before the start of the ceremony). If your guests are arriving after graduand seating closes please leave your guest tickets with our staff at the Information Point. Any guests arriving late (after 30 minutes prior to the start time of the ceremony) will not be guaranteed entry to the Butterworth Hall as any unoccupied seats will be re-allocated to other guests on the waiting list on the day;
- Guests will enter through a separate entrance to the hall to graduands. Please follow signage on the day;
- Your guests are welcome to either sit together or apart from one another. Those wishing to sit together should enter the Hall together (seat numbers are not allocated in advance);
- Guests are not necessarily required to wear smart clothes, but as the ceremonies are a formal event, most do prefer to be dressed appropriately for the occasion (e.g. collar and tie);
- Any guest(s) travelling by car but not travelling with the graduand should also use the Park & Ride facility from Stoneleigh Park (CV8 2LG) and must not park on campus. The ceremonies take place on normal working days for the Universities and so there will be no spare parking for those attending Graduation ceremonies.