You may have had some part-time work or experience with a club or society which has made you think about a career within this sector. If you are considering whether this is the right choice for you, think about the following:
- Do you get genuine pleasure from helping others?
- Are you an effective communicator with a wide range of people?
- Do you have loads of energy? Do you see activities through to their conclusion?
- Can you stay rational and calm in a hectic situation, think flexibly to solve problems, be persistent, and work to tight deadlines?
How do I write a CV?
This short course will take you through the basics of writing a CV.Learn
Learn how to pass interviews and assessment centres.More
This short course will teach you how to write a covering letter.Learn
Your applications will be much stronger if you have previous experience. To gain experience you could:
- Relevant part-time work or summer work
- Taking a lead role in organising an event for a student society or a sports club
- For any unpaid work apply for the work experience bursary
Search for work on using our online job vacancy database.
- Hotels, restaurants, pubs, bars and clubs, conference centres and cruise ships.
- In-house for companies, agencies, venues e.g. exhibition halls, conference centres, hotels and festivals.