Following an initial consultation last summer, HESA have published a proposed model for a new Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey. The model is significantly different to the existing survey and HESA propose implementing it for 2017/18 graduates onwards. Key features of the proposed new model include:
- a census 'week' 15 months after completion, as opposed to a census day after six months
- a response rate target of 70% for UK, full-time students (currently 80%)
- requiring all institutions to outsource collection and coding to a single provider, procured by HESA
- using linked data to replace some survey questions; eg HMRC salary data; HESA further study data
- Introducing new core questions (eg on starting a business; extent to which career plans are 'on track')
- introducing optional bank questions; eg salary for overseas students; assessment of subjective wellbeing
The consultation questions
We are seeking views on the proposals by 20 March to inform the University's response. View the full consultation document.
This form is closed and is no longer accepting any submissions.
Thank you for your time.