About this taught graduate course
Our MSc Management course will help transform you from an ambitious graduate into a successful manager.
Inspired by our highly ranked MBA courses, the MSc Management is an intensive and immersive course, ideal if you have aspirations for senior leadership roles in management. You will learn to apply the skills you require in a range of environments including marketing, purchasing, strategic customer management, business consultancy and organisational development.
You will also refine and build upon your soft skills including communication, team working, and presentation skills through individual and group work, and develop your personal and professional skills in decision-making, problem-solving, analysis, and critical reflection.
Skills from this degree
- Accelerate your career path toward management and leadership roles, learning to lead and manage change in business
- Opportunity to immerse yourself in international business culture on our International Study Weeks
- Accredited by the Association of MBAS (AMBA) and inspired by our renowned MBA programmes
- Compulsory foreign language study gives you the chance to develop the basics in one of six languages
General entry requirements
2:i undergraduate degree.
Our students come from diverse backgrounds including arts, social sciences, humanities, engineering and mathematics.
English language requirements
You can find out more about our English language requirements. This course requires the following:
- Band B
- IELTS overall score of 7.0, minimum component scores of two at 6.0/6.5 and the rest at 7.0 or above.
We welcome applications from students with other internationally recognised qualifications.
For more information, please visit the international entry requirements page.
There are no additional entry requirements for this course.
- Strategy Analysis and Practice
- Customer Value Management
- Research Methods
- Leading and Managing Change
- Business Immersion and Critical Thinking
- Foundations of Financial and Management Accounting
You will be required to undertake an introductory course in a foreign language as part of your degree.
Optional modules can vary from year to year. Example optional modules may include:
- Project Management
- Digital Marketing Technology and Management
- Entrepreneurship and Business Venturing
- Forecasting for Decision Makers
- Business Analytics for Managers
Over three terms you will complete six compulsory modules, alongside three optional modules designed to help you focus on your own areas of interest. Assessment of these modules will vary, and you could be assessed by group presentation, peer assessment, individual assignment, or examination. Your studies will be completed by your dissertation.
The typical class size for this course is around 203 students.
Typical contact hours
Students on this MSc will typically receive between 27 and 30 contact hours per module.
Assessment for modules varies to fit the subject being studied. You will have some individual assignments where we present the business challenge we want you to address, and others where we ask you to choose. In addition, group assignments will give you the chance to work together with your fellow students, and some will have an element of peer assessment to help you develop your skills in teams. Some modules conclude with an exam and the course will conclude with the completion of your individual dissertation.
You can also apply to join one of the international study weeks to gain an awareness of international business culture through first-hand experience. In recent years, we have offered study weeks at Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management, Madrid, Rome, and the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business. Places on these study weeks are optional and limited, and students will be able to partake in an application and selection process to take part once they have begun on the course.
Most departments have reading lists available through Warwick Library. If you would like to view reading lists for the current cohort of students you can visit our Warwick Library web page.
Your personalised timetable will be complete when you are registered for all modules, compulsory and optional, and you have been allocated to your lectures, seminars and other small group classes. Your compulsory modules will be registered for you and you will be able to choose your optional modules when you join us.
There may be events taking place in the evenings. Classes may run up to 7pm and other events, such as careers presentations may take place later or on weekends. Occasionally, classes and exams may be held on weekends. We will notify you in advance if this is the case.
This is a full-time course, so there are no holidays as such. However, the two weeks covering Christmas and New Year are guaranteed to be free from lectures. There may also be weeks free over the Easter period (check with your programme team). Resit exams may take place outside of standard teaching periods.
Additional course cost
You will be offered the option of an international study trip via a competitive application process that may incur some extra costs.
Graduates from these courses have gone on to work for employers including:
- BAE Systems
- BNP Paribas
- European Central Bank
- Morgan Stanley
They have pursued roles such as:
- Management Consultants
- Business and financial project management professionals
- Chief executives and senior officials
- Economists, estimators, valuers and assessors
- Finance and investment analysts and advisers
- Investment/merchant bankers
- Taxation experts
Helping you find the right career
We have our own dedicated careers team at Warwick Business School called WBS CareersPlus. You will have access to one-to-one career guidance appointments, CV checks and tailored mock interviews.
The WBS CareersPlus team will support you and help you to understand yourself and your strengths. They can help you to identify possible career paths, and to set and achieve your career ambitions. This helps to boost your employability and helps you prepare for your career.
You can take advantage of personalised careers coaching and advice. Our one to one careers appointments can help you if you have a question about writing applications, wish to explore your career options, or need to prepare for interviews and assessment centres.
Warwick Business School
If you’re interested in the bigger picture, comfortable challenging assumptions and want a degree that will open doors, then WBS is the place for you. We will give you the foundation for change and prepare you for your future career. Are you ready to make your mark in the world of business?
The vision of WBS is to be Europe’s leading University-based Business School, developing transformational ideas and people that shape how we do business. We recognise that rankings are one way to profile our progress towards fulfilling this vision, and are proud to participate in the major global business education rankings.
QS Business Masters Rankings 2022
- Masters in Business Analytics – 12th in the world, 3rd in the UK
- Masters in Marketing – 7th in the world, 2nd in the UK
- Masters in Management – 19th in the world, 4th in the UK
- Masters in Finance – 20th in the world, 6th in the UK
Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking 2021
- 15th in the world, 3rd in the UK
Financial Times Masters in Finance Ranking 2021
- 13th in the world, 4th in the UK
Our Postgraduate Taught courses
- Accounting and Finance (MSc)
- Business Analytics (MSc)
- Business and Finance (MSc)
- Business with Consulting (MSc)
- Business with Marketing (MSc)
- Business with Operations Management (MSc)
- Finance (MSc)
- Finance and Economics (MSc)
- Global Central Banking and Financial Regulation (MSc)
- International Business (MSc)
- Management (MSc)
- Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation (MSc)
- Marketing and Strategy (MSc)
- Mathematical Finance (MSc)
- Business Administration (Distance Learning) (MBA)
- Business Administration (Executive) (MBA)
- Business Administration (Full-time) (MBA)
- Behavioural Science (PGDip)
- Digital Leadership (PGDip)
- Marketing Leadership (PGDip)
- Organisational Change (PGDip)
- Strategic Leadership (PGDip)
- Strategy and Innovation (PGDip)
Our Postgraduate Research courses
Tuition fees are payable for each year of your course at the start of the academic year, or at the start of your course, if later. Academic fees cover the cost of tuition, examinations and registration and some student amenities.
Fee Status Guidance
The University carries out an initial fee status assessment based on information provided in the application and according to the guidance published by UKCISA. Students are classified as either Home or Overseas Fee status and this can determine the tuition fee and eligibility of certain scholarships and financial support.
If you receive an offer, your fee status will be stated with the tuition fee information, however we are awaiting guidance from the UK government regarding fee status for EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals and their family members living in the UK for academic year 2021/22 onwards. We are not able to confirm the fee status for these students until the relevant eligibility criteria have been confirmed. Once we have received further information from the UK government, we will provide you with an update on your fee status and let you know if any additional information is required. If you believe your fee status has been incorrectly classified you can complete a fee status assessment questionnaire (follow the instructions in your offer) and provide the required documentation for this to be reassessed.
The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) provides guidance to UK universities on fees status criteria, you can find the latest guidance on the impact of Brexit on fees and student support on the UKCISA website.
Additional course costs
Please contact your academic department for information about department specific costs, which should be considered in conjunction with the more general costs below, such as:
- Core text books
- Printer credits
- Dissertation binding
- Robe hire for your degree ceremony
Scholarships and bursaries
Find out how to apply to us, ask your questions, and find out more.
Here is our checklist on how to apply for taught postgraduate courses at Warwick.
Here is our checklist on how to apply for research postgraduate degrees at the University of Warwick.