Theory and Foundations Theme, Department of Computer Science
Centre for Discrete Mathematics and its Applications (DIMAP)
Office hours in term 2 (2022/23): Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9:30–10:30 in CS2.20.
theoretical computer science and verification.
Publications: here.PhD students:
I am delighted to work with
- Henry Sinclair-Banks (co-supervised with Marcin Jurdziński)
- David Purser (PhD 2020; co-supervised with Andrzej Murawski and Graham Cormode, now at Warsaw)
Some recent invited talks:
Logic and Semantics Seminar @ Cambridge ‘22, YaccConstructor Formal Languages Seminar @ St Petersburg ‘21, LaBRI @ Bordeaux ‘21, Kolmogorov seminar @ Moscow ‘21, YR-OWLS’20, Highlights’19, ACTS’17, INFINITY’16.
My research has been supported in part by
Program committee membership:
LICS’23, Highlights’22, YR-CONCUR’22, FSTTCS’21, LICS’21, STACS’21, FoSSaCS’21, ECAI’20, SYNASC’15 (theory track)
- CS130 Mathematics for Computer Scientists I (term 1 in 2020/21, 2021/22, and 2022/23).
- CS260 Algorithms (term 1 in 2017/18, 2018/19, and 2019/20).
- Demystifying problem solving (mentoring talk; slides here).
Logic Mentoring Workshop 2022 (LMW’22), co-located with the 30th EACSL Annual Conference on Computer Science Logic (CSL’22), online, hosted at Göttingen, Germany, 14 February 2022.
- Ultimately periodic sets, semi-linear sets, and Presburger arithmetic
(slides and video here).
14th Summer School on Modelling and Verification of Parallel Processes (MOVEP’20), online, based at Grenoble, France, 22–26 June 2020.
- Linear Arithmetic: Geometry, Algorithms, and Logic
30th European Summer School in Logic, Language and Information (ESSLLI’18), Sofia, Bulgaria, 6–10 August 2018. Co-taught with Christoph Haase.
- Model counting for logical theories
28th European Summer School in Logic, Language and Information (ESSLLI’16), Bolzano, Italy, 15–19 August 2016. Co-taught with Rayna Dimitrova and sponsored by EACSL.
- Trends in Arithmetic Theories. An ICALP 2022 workshop. Paris, France, 4 July 2022. Co-organized with Christoph Haase, Alessio Mansutti, Jonathan Tanner.
- British Society for the History of Mathematics Christmas meeting 2021. Hosted at Warwick; moved online. 11 December 2021. Co-organized with Steve Russ and Polina Vytnova.
- Automata in the Wild (WILD 2021), a workshop (collaborative incubator) on automata and cyber-physical systems. Online. 21–23 April 2021. Co-organized with Rayna Dimitrova.
- Autobóz’19, an international research camp on logic, automata, and games. Firbush, Scotland, 12–19 July 2019. Co-organized with Michaël Cadilhac and Patrick Totzke.
- 19th International Workshop on Verification of Infinite-State Systems
Co-located with LICS 2017, the 32nd ACM/IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science. 19 June 2017, Reykjavik, Iceland. Co-organized with Christoph Haase.
Office: room 220, Computer Science
Email: d dot chistikov at warwick dot ac dot uk
University of Warwick
Tel: +44 24 765 73792