Coronavirus (Covid-19): Latest updates and information
Skip to main content Skip to navigation


**PLEASE NOTE: Undergraduate students to whom it is relevant should refer to the information under "Undergraduate students awarded July 2012 and later" below and also the information available via the link "Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)"**

A transcript is an official summary of academic performance, including qualification obtained, modules taken and marks achieved. It also details your University start date, programme of study, level and degree class conferred (as appropriate). The transcript is a legal University document and therefore cannot be altered.

Graduates prior to 2002

University Regulations did not require the University to keep records centrally of marks for students graduating prior to 2002 (mark records being kept in academic departments). Whilst the Student Records Management Office will make every effort to obtain past marks and produce a transcript, this can understandably take some time and unfortunately we cannot always guarantee availability of all information pertaining to your course of study. Please be aware that requests for such transcripts can take up to 8 weeks to fulfil.

How much will a transcript cost?

Transcripts can be ordered in multiples of 5 at a cost of £25 for five, £30 for ten, £35 for 15, etc. Please note there is a minimum order of 5 copies.

We can offer a variety of postal options at the costs below:

Collection, standard or airmail delivery - free

DHL - £20 (Please note this fee covers one address only)

Please note

Transcripts sent by standard airmail to overseas addresses are sent by Deutsche Post and can take between 2-8 weeks to arrive depending on the destination. Please note that the Standard Airmail service is NOT trackable. If you require a trackable service you will need to select the DHL courier option.

Can I request an electronic transcript?

No. For security reasons, University regulations do not permit transcripts to be sent electronically.

Can my transcripts be sent to multiple addresses?

Yes. Transcripts can be sent to multiple addresses. Please ensure you complete the relevant sections of the order form accurately.

Can my transcripts be sealed and stamped individually?

Yes, it is possible to seal and stamp your transcripts individually. Please ensure this is requested clearly on the order form.

Can I collect my transcripts?

Yes, you can collect your transcripts from University House.

How long will my order take?

We aim to send transcripts within two weeks of an order being placed. Please note this may take longer during busy periods in July/August and January and that transcript requests from graduates prior to 2002 may take up to 8 weeks.

Undergraduate students awarded July 2012 and later

The HEAR (Higher Education Achievement Report) has replaced the printed academic transcript of studies for Undergraduate students and the Student Records Management Office no longer provide paper transcripts to those Undergraduate students who graduated after July 2011. The HEAR is issued as an electronic document and will include details of academic achievement, including module marks, and will also provide information about your programme of study and some additional achievements undertaken whilst at university. You will be able to give third parties such as potential employers access to your HEAR. It will also be possible for you to print hard copies if required. It is hoped that the information provided on the HEAR will prove useful both to graduates entering the job market and to employers. You will be able to log into your Grad Intel account in order to access your HEAR (electronic transcript). For further information about the HEAR please visit our HEAR FAQs page.

If, however, you are obliged to provide a paper transcript for application or VISA purposes, please complete the online form.


Transcripts are not available from the Student Records Management Office for the following:

WBS MBA students: please email:

WBS MPA students: please email:

WBS MSc Police Leadership students: please email:

Erasmus/Junior Year Abroad/Undergraduate Overseas Exchange students: please visit the Student Opportunity page for further details on how to access your Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)

International Foundation Programme students: please contact the International Foundation Programme office

PhD and other research degree students: the University of Warwick does not produce transcripts for research students. However, the Graduate School can offer a Confirmation of Award letter. Please contact the Doctoral College for further information.

MBChB students: please visit the following link to request transcripts: MBChB transcripts

Postgraduate students who have not yet completed their course should contact their Department for an interim statement of marks currently attained. Please note that the Student Records Management Office can only provide paper transcripts for those students who have had their degree conferred by the University's Senate.

Degree Certificates

Students can order replacement degree certificates or authorised copies of certificates via the Awards and Ceremonies website.

How do I order transcripts?

To place a transcript order, please complete an online order form.

For further queries, please contact