The Skills Tent offers an excellent opportunity to get involved and support our student community here at Warwick in this new virtual landscape and to ensure students are equipped with the right skills to succeed in your recruitment processes. The Skills Tent will also showcase our festival themes of developing your skills and gaining experience and will support our work with students around Warwick Core Skills and support our Warwick Internship Programme offering work experience and internship opportunities.
A key area within the Festival where we expect high levels of student engagement as students learn to navigate new virtual engagement and recruitment processes and further develop their skills.
The Skills Tent will include
- Skills sessions delivered virtually via Webinar (pre-recorded or live sessions)
- Space to feature online resources and learning materials – host your videos, fact sheets, virtual simulations and practice tests or other materials to ensure students have a wealth of expertise at their finger tips
- Careers Stories – involve your Warwick alumni and encourage them to share their personal stories and tips for success
- Focus on well-being – ensure students well-being needs are met by supporting sessions within this area tackling areas including resilience, anxiety towards virtual engagement, and Covid19 myth-busting – how has the pandemic affected your recruitment process.
All webinars and live link sessions will be advertised via the Festival website and myAdvantage with sign up managed accordingly.
Content posted within the Skills Tent will be available throughout the term.
There is no charge for this element of the Festival.
Skills workshops and development sessions
We welcome the opportunity to work in collaboration with you delivering sessions important to your recruitment process.
We can support you in delivering workshops and sessions around the following themes:
- Video Interviews
- Virtual Assessment Centres
- Gamification in Psychometric Testing
- Situational Judgement Tests
- Tailoring CVs and applications to meet recruiter’s needs
- Strengths Based Recruitment
- Online Networking
- Virtual Work Experience
- Case study interviews
- Career motivations
- Developing commercial awareness
- Leadership skills
- Securing work experience
There is also the opportunity to deliver the following core activities. Student sign up to these events is always high.
- Mock Assessment centres and associated exercises
- One-to-one mock interviews and video interviews
- Case studies and Business games
- Business masterclasses
- LinkedIn profile reviews/guidance
Feedback from our students shows that they like to use skills sessions as a way to find out about recruitment processes directly from employers. As an employer you can raise your profile by supporting these sessions.
Whilst skills sessions give you an opportunity to talk for a few minutes about roles you are recruiting for, if you would like the chance to share vacancy details or promote working for your organisation in a more bespoke session, you should book a slot on the Mainstage.