In this section
History Department Postgraduate Conference
The Department of History Postgraduate Conference is an opportunity for postgraduate researchers in the department to showcase their work.
A committee of students, with representatives across the years and including an MA student, is chosen by the start of March so that they can put out a call for papers, decide on how to arrange papers into panel sessions, approach members of staff as chairs, and liaise with the postgraduate co-ordinator about room-bookings and catering.
The organisation of the conference is not only fun but also a useful experience that can be put on CVs, since being able to show that you can organise such things will stand you in good stead for academic and non-academic careers
The 2022/2023 PG Conference is scheduled to take place on 18th and 19th May 2023 in Wolfson Research Exchange 1, 2 and 3.
Details, once confirmed, will be publicised on the PG Conference Web Page.
Programmes of previous conferences can be found in the PG Conference Archive.
- Research Course Regulations
- Supervision and monitoring
- Ethics in Research (and Ethics Review Form)
- Ethics of Research (Integrity of Researchers)
- Presentation and Referencing
- Changes to Registration
- Careers and Employment
- Language Support
- Links: Life beyond PhD
- Pre-Modern Handwriting and Research Skills Training
- Research Seminars and Reading Groups
- Doctoral College
- Researcher Development
- The Library and Modern Records Centre (MRC)
- Digital Humanities