Skip to main content Skip to navigation


Before travelling to the UK, you will need to ensure that you have adequate insurance cover for your journey and for your duration of your studies.



Before you leave home you must purchase travel insurance to cover your journey to the UK. Most travel insurance policies cover problems such as delays, emergency medical treatment and lost or stolen luggage.


If you are coming for less than six months you should ensure you should ensure that your insurance covers medical costs for the duration of your stay as well. After you arrive you will be able to purchase appropriate insurance cover for your requirements.

A reputable company specialising in international student travel and medical insurance is Endsleigh Insurance. For more information on travel insurance go to . For more information on medical insurance go to .

Possessions once in the UK

If you are moving into accommodation managed by the University (apart from Staff and Family Housing), a level of insurance will be included but you must ensure that it is adequate for your needs. This cover is provided by Endsleigh Insurance. If you are moving into private accommodation, you can contact Endsleigh for further information and guidance. Please visit