- Covid 19 - Employer incentives for apprenticeships: Review of evidence with Terence Hogarth and Chris Warhurst. Funded by Skills Development Scotland. Project Start Date: May 2020 - Project End Date: June 2020
- Apprenticeships with the benefit of hindsight. With Terence Hogarth and Beate Baldauf; Project Start Date: March 2020 - Project End Date: June 2021; Funder: Edge Foundation, Gatsby Foundation [details]
- Future-proofing apprenticeships. With Beate Baldauf and Stef Poole. Funded by the Co-op Group. Project start date: December 2019 - Project End Date: November 2020
- Alternative Provision Workforce Research. With Beate Baldauf and Gaby Atfield. Funded by the Department for Education. Project Start Date: 02/09/2019 - Project End Date: 15/11/2019 [Details]
- Apprenticeships Funding Policy Survey. With Gaby Atfield. Funded by the Department for Education. Project Start Date: 11.2.19 - Project End Date: 22.3.2019 [details]
- Inclusive Growth in West and North Yorkshire. Funded by Leeds City Region and York, North Yorkshire and East Riding (YNYER) LEP. Project Start Date: 01/04/2019 - Project End Date: 01/06/2019
- Job creation by organisation type - Cooperatives in selected European countries. With Chris Warhurst and Daria Luchinskaya. Funded by the European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions. Project Start Date: 08/01/2018 - Project End Date: 30/11/2018 [details]
- Adult skills - who gets invested in and how has this changed over time? With Daria Luchinskaya. Funded by Social Mobility Commission. Project Start Date: 29/09/2017 - Project End Date: 03/07/2018 [details]
- Post education job and career choices. With Beate Baldauf, Daria Luchinskaya, Wil Hunt and Alan Brown. Funded by Department for Edcuation. Project Start Date: 16/04/2018 - Project End Date: 31/07/2018 [details]
- SEND and post-16 provision for employment. With Daria Luchinskaya. Funded by Department for Education. Project Start Date: 08/01/2018 - Project End Date: 30/06/2018 [details]
- The wider (non-market) benefits of post 18 education. With Gaby Atfield, Beate Baldauf, Daria Luchinskaya, Wil Hunt and Alan Brown. Funded by Department for Edcuation. Project Start Date: 16/04/18 - Project End Date: 31/07/2018. [details]
- Productivity and Skills Commission Annual Report. With Chris Warhurst, Gaby Atfield and David Owen. Funded by West Midlands Combined Authority. Project Start Date: 19/02/2018 - Project End Date: 30/06/2018 [details]
- SEND and Post-16 Provision for Employment. With Marie Ann Cullen. Funded by the Department for Education. Project Start Date: 08/01/18 - Project End Date: 31/03/18 [Details]
- Skills Advisory Panels Feasibility Study. With David Owen. Funded by Department for Education. Project Start Date: 17/01/2018 - Project End Date: 09/02/2018 [Details]
- The Relationship Between Adult Education and Social Mobility. With Daria Luchinskaya. Funded by the Social Mobility Commission. Project Start Date: 01/11/2017 - Project End Date: 31/05/2018.
- Impact of the Apprenticeship Funding Policy. With Gaby Atfield and Stef Poole. Funded by Department for Education, Project Start Date: 15/09/2017 - Project End Date: 01/11/2017.
- Impact of Apprenticeship Levy. With Erika Kispeter. Funder: AELP. Project Start Date 27/03/2017 - Project End Date: 30/06/2017 [details]
- Transferable Skills Mapping. With Wil Hunt and Erika Kispeter. Funded by Department for Education. Project Start Date: 01/05/2017 - Project End Date: 31/07/17 [details].
Projects undertaken prior to role at IER:
- Evaluation of the Engineering Leadership Awards. Royal Academy of Engineering, 2016.
- Evaluation of the Degree Apprenticeship Development Fund. HEFCE, 2016-18.
- Evaluation of the Lancashire Growth Deal. Lancashire Local Enterprise Partnership, 2016-18.
- Provision of Business Support Research for Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership. GBSLEP, 2015-16.
- Scale and Scope of UK Transnational Education. HE Global, International Unit and British Council, 2015-16.
- Developing the European Structural and Investment Funds Strategy. South East Midlands LEP, 2015
- Evaluation of the STRIVE Pre-employment and Skills Pilot Programme for Homeless People. DCLG, 2014-16.
- Occupational and Thematic Highlights for the European Skills Panorama. CEDEFOP, 2014
- Evaluation of the Getting Ahead Programme. Big Lottery, 2013-16.
- Evaluation of the Business Development Programme (BDP). Greater Birmingham and Solihull Enterprise Partnership (GBSLEP), 2013-15
- Developing the Green Skills Partnership. Unionlearn, 2013-14.
- Development of a Skills Strategy and Plan. Northamptonshire Enterprise Partnership (NEP), 2013-14.
- Understanding Local Policy Intervention. Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), 2013.
- Ex-ante Evaluation of the UK's Partnership Agreement. BIS, 2013
- Think Local Employment and Skills Service Review. Sandwell Council, 2013
- International Review of Evidence on the Impact of Co-funding and Tax Incentives on Increasing Employer investment in Training. BIS, 2012/13.
- Northampton Waterside Enterprise Zone Skills Action Plan and Strategy. Northampton Council, 2012/13.
- Evaluation of European Social Fund Innovation, Transnational and Mainstreaming (ITM) projects. Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), 2011/12
- Study Measuring Current and Future Requirements on Administrative Cost and Burden of Managing the ESF. DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion (DG Empl), 2011-12
- International Education Systems Research. Ofqual, 2010-2011.
- Evaluation of the Northumberland Working Neighbourhood Programme. Northumberland County Council, 2010-11
- Evaluating the ESOL (English for speakers of other languages) for Health Projects. Joseph Chamberlain College and Birmingham Adult Education Service, 2010-11.
- Literature Review of Individual’s Choices, Motivations and Barriers to Skills Learning. BIS, 2010-2011
- European Social Fund Evaluation of Sustainable Development and Green Jobs. DWP, 2010/11
- Pilot Lead, Evaluation of the Child Poverty Innovation Pilots (North Warwickshire). Child Poverty Unit, 2009-2011
- Evaluation of the ESF funded employment and skills routeway model. LSC North West, 2009-2010.
- Research into automated access to information about learner financial support. LSC National Office, 2009-2010.
- Evaluation of ESF in-work training provision. DWP, 2009-2010
- Evaluation of the Birmingham, Coventry and Black Country City Strategy. LSC West Midlands, 2009.
- Developing an Evaluation Framework for the North East’s 14-19 agenda. ONE North East, 2009.
- Reviewing the application of performance measures for the hardest to help learners. LSC National Office, 2009
- Evaluating the impact of KickstartTV. LSC National Office, 2009.
- Mapping provision for learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities in the South East. LSC South East, 2009.
- Framework for Excellence – reviewing user needs.LSC National Office, 2008-2009
- Effective practice in raising the aspirations of young people. LSC National Office, 2008-2009
- Star Rating system and Framework for Excellence – future relationship. LSC National Office and DWP, 2008.
- E2E learner and provider review. LSC Hereford, Worcestershire and Shropshire, 2008.
- Train to Gain supply chain review. LSC National Office, 2008.
- Independent Review of Framework for Excellence. LSC National Office, 2008
- Evaluation of the Yorkshire and the Humber ESF Programme 2000-2006; 2007-2008. LSC Yorkshire and the Humber, 2008.
- Evaluation of the Higher Level Skills Pathfinders. HEFCE, 2007-2008
- Evaluation of the UK Vocational Qualification Reform Programme. LSC National Office, 2006-2008.
- Evaluation of the Foundation Learning Tier. LSC National Office, 2006-2008
- Evaluation of the impact of Longley Park Sixth Form College. LSC South Yorkshire, 2006-2008
- Evaluation of Career Development Loans. LSC National Office, 2006-2008.
- The participation and achievement of young males. LSC Shropshire, 2006
- Evaluation of the South Yorkshire Learning and Skills programme. Yorkshire Forward, 2005.
- South East Wakefield Community Training Base Feasibility study. LSC West Yorkshire, 2005.
- Evaluation of the Cluster and Sector Skills Development Initiative. Humberside, North Yorkshire and West Yorkshire LSCs, 2004-2005
- Evaluation of the Adult Skills Pilots in the East of England. East of England Local LSCs led by LSC Norfolk, 2004-2005
- Evaluation of the National Establishment of Entry to Employment (E2E). LSC National Office, 2004.
- Review of current learning provision for 16-19 year olds in the Black Country. LSC Black Country, 2004.
- Research into the Barriers to Education and Training in Sparsely Populated Areas. National LSC, 2004
- Review of post-16 learning provision in Billingham. for LSC Tees Valley, 2003/04
- Analysing the performance and impact of the Connexions Service. DfES, 2003
- Developing Equality and Diversity Impact Measures (EDIMs). LSC South Yorkshire, 2003
- Evaluation of three South Yorkshire 14-19 Pathfinders. LSC South Yorkshire, 2003-2006
- Mapping Provision and Anticipated Demand for Learners with Learning Difficulties and/or Disabilities. LSC National Office, 2002/04.
- The Structure and Performance of Work Based Learning Provision in England. LSC National Office and the Adult Learning Inspectorate (ALI), 2002/03.
- Review of current learning provision for 16-19 year olds in Shropshire. LSC Shropshire, 2002
- Evaluation of the Skills Development Fund. DfES, 2002.
- Development of the Profiles web based performance management system. Neighborhood Renewal Unit, 2001/02
- The Contribution of the SRB Programmes in the West Midlands. Advantage West Midlands, 2001/02.
- Older People and Housing Issues – the Innovation and Good Practice Grant. Housing Corporation, 2001/02.
- Updating the Regional Development Plan: Economic and Social Context. Advantage West Midlands, 2001/02.
- Evaluation of the Connexions Service Pilots. DfEE, 2000/01
- Project Consultant, Phase 1 of the Evaluation of the Further Education Standards Fund. DfEE, 2000/01
- Developing a Performance Toolkit for Jobcentres. Employment Service, 2000/01
- Assessing Progress Towards Achieving AZTEC’s Single Regeneration Budget Project: Unlocking the Economic Potential of Young People. AZTEC, 1998-2000
- An Evaluation Toolkit and Good Practice Guide. SEEDA, 1998-2000
- Greenwich Peninsula Economic Impact Study. Greenwich Council, NMEC and English Partnerships, 1998-2000
- Careers Service Employment and Training Survey, Careers Information Division. DfEE, 1998-2000
- South Greenwich Employment Needs Study. London Borough of Greenwich/Skillswork SRB, 1999
- Evaluation of TEC Discretionary Fund projects 1996-1998. Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce, Training & Enterprise, 1999
- Evaluation of AZTEC’s Improving Business Competitiveness and Workforce Development in the Hospitality Sector Programme. AZTEC, 1999
- Evaluation of Business Start-up and Enterprise Link in Coventry and Warwickshire. Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce, Training & Enterprise, 1999
- Forward Strategy for Business Start-ups in South London. SOLOTEC, 1998
- Progress Towards the National Training and Education Targets. AZTEC, 1995-1998
- Progress Towards the National Training and Education Targets. SOLOTEC, 1995-1998
- The National Training and Education Targets (NTETs): The Bromley Perspective, for Bromley Education and Training Forum, 1996-1998
- Skills and Labour Market Research Project. London Borough of Merton, 1998
- Skills for the Millennium Skills Audit. Skillswork SRB Partnership, 1998
- Jobfinder’s Grant Evaluation Study. Employment Service, 1996-1998
- Champions for Change: The A12/Harold Hill area Research Project. London Borough of Havering, 1998
- Labour Market and Training Survey. Building Societies Association, 1997
- Evaluation of the Business Assist Programme. LETEC, 1997
- Heart of Burton - The Burton Community Partnership Area Business Audit, Burton Community Partnership, 1997
- Dudley TEC Market Research Further Education Department Project: The Foreign Language Skill and Support Needs of Local Firms. Dudley Training and Enterprise Council/ Dudley FE Training Group, 1997
- Revised Baseline Measures Towards the New National Training and Education Targets. North London TEC, 1995
- Business Activity in Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich and Lewisham. SOLOTEC, 1995
- Progress Towards the National Training and Education Targets. AZTEC, North London TEC and SOLOTEC, 1995
- MILAN Statistical Digest 1995, for the Motor Industry Local Authority Network, 1993-5
- Modern Apprenticeships - Employer Market Research. London TEC Council, 1995
- Analysis of the London Labour Market. London TEC Council, 1994
- Export Activity and Potential in Coventry and Warwickshire: Market Survey and Analysis. Coventry and Warwickshire TEC, 1994
- Business Activity in Coventry and Warwickshire by Local Authority District Area. Coventry and Warwickshire TEC, 1994
- Economic Development Perspectives in the SOLOTEC Area: Employment, Business and Labour Force Activity. SOLOTEC, 1993
- National Quality Assurance Project. National Council for Vocational Qualifications, 1993
- The Structure and Distribution of Business Activity in Coventry and Warwickshire: 1981-1991. Coventry and Warwickshire TEC, 1993
- Getting Involved: The Role of Trade Unions in Local Economic Development in Coventry. Coventry City Council, 1993
- Towards a Strategic Planning Framework for Employment and Enterprise Support in the ATEC Area. AZTEC, 1993
- A Strategic Monitoring Framework for SMEs in Birmingham. Birmingham TEC, 1992
- Adult Training and the Long-Term Unemployed in Coventry and Warwickshire. Coventry and Warwickshire TEC, 1992
- Going it Alone: A Study of Self-Employment in Coventry. Coventry City Council, 1992
- Local Government and the Motor Industry: The Restructuring of the Motor and Components Industry in Europe and the UK and the Changing Role of Local and Regional Authorities. the Motor Industry Local Authority Network, 1992
- Changing the Future: Report on the Economic and Social Impact of the Closure of the British Aerospace Kingston Site. AZTEC, 1992
- Prospects and Directions for Northern Warwickshire: An Economic and Social Study. Warwickshire County Council, 1991