Add content (artefacts) to a page
Content (or artefacts) includes personal information, external content uploaded as documents or images, and internal content created within Mahara. This guide describes the (generic) process for adding these to a page.
Please see these guides for examples of artefacts. Each guide has specific instructions for adding the artefacts to a page.
- Create a new page, or turn on editing on a page using the pencil edit icon at the top right.
- Click and drag the drag to add a block icon from the top right-hand side of the page to the appropriate location on the page. Existing blocks will move to make space.
- A window will fly in from the right-hand side. Click Save to add the new block as a Placeholder - this is useful for creating templates, or:
- Choose a block from the list. Click on Show more to see more options.
- Edit the block title.
- Choose from the list of available artefacts, or add new content using the relevant fields.
- Tag the artefacts if they are not already tagged.
- Click Save to add the artefact block to the page.
- Drag and resize the artefacts on the page as required to change the layout of the page.
- Click the display page icon at the top left to see how the page will appear to
Artefacts, other than text boxes, created in-situ on the page will be stored in the Content section so they can be reused.
The information on this page relates to Mahara 20.04 and was last updated July 2020.
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)