This guide describes how to share an eStream video with a link and is taken from the eStream guide to sharingLink opens in a new window.
To upload a video to eStream, see our Upload and create video in the eStream portal guide.
Please note, sharing via a link will compromise the security of your content. If you share content via a link, it can be shared beyond your intended audience.
Sharing with students and staff within the University
- Login to eStreamLink opens in a new window using your University username and password.
- Click on your name in the top right corner to navigate to the video.
- Select My home.
- Click on the Media tab and navigate to the video you want to share and click on the video title.
- Under the Details tab, click on Share and select Share by Web link.
- Under Options change Unrestricted Access to Always.
- Copy the URL on the left-hand side and share it. Users will be asked to log in to eStream, with their University username and password, before they can view the video.
Sharing outside of the University
- Follow steps 1-6 above.
- Tick Bypass Authentication. This will allow users to view the video without having to log in to eStream.
- Copy the URL on the left-hand side, and share it.
If you only want a video to be accessed for a short time, you can limit the access by changing Unrestricted Access to a number of days.
The information on this page relates to eStream and was last updated December 2020.
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)