You can set up Moodle's assignment activity to accept video content from students via Echo360. Through the Moodle interface, students upload their videos to the Echo360 platform and submit them for grading or review. Once submitted, these videos can no longer be edited by the student.
Set up a video assignment
- Add an assignment activity in MoodleLink opens in a new window
- Choose the appropriate settingsLink opens in a new window using the question mark icons to guide you.
- Under Submission settings, ensure that you enable the Online text submission type. Disable any others that are not required to keep it as simple as possible for students. For example, if you do not need students to submit any other file types along with their video, disable this option. Note: if visible, also disable the video/audio submission option as this relates to the old eStream platform which is being discontinued.
- Once students have submitted, the videos can be played within the assignment grading area of Moodle.
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)