This guide explains how external eligible people (as shown on the Card Office website under the IT services account column) can be issued with an IT account linked to a University ID number in order to access Moodle.
- You must only use this process where the person is not already recorded in student records (SITS) or the HR system.
- For visiting academics, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We do not recommend nor support the use of ext-user accounts as these cannot be used with enrolment rules and do not link to external systems such as MS Teams or SITS.
1. Contact your departmental administrator or departmental contact for academic technologies to ask if they have the facility to create these accounts via access to the University membership or card management systems.
If they are not able to create these accounts, please follow the additional steps:
2. Use the 'Request an IT account for a visitor' form via the online help desk.
3. Fill in the online form. Under 'For what purpose is an ITS account required?' please write 'Access to Moodle'. In any communication with the IT Help Desk it is always worth reiterating that these accounts are being requested in order to allow access to Moodle.
4. Download the Excel spreadsheet.
5. Complete the spreadsheet: Please note the spreadsheet is a macro-enabled Excel workbook. When completing it, open it in Excel and allow the macros (select "Enable content"). Please fill in at least the following required fields: Forename, Surname, External Email address, Date of Birth, Start Date and End Date. If you wish to request visitor access for more than one person, you may add all people into one spreadsheet.
6. Save the file to your PC once complete.
7. Attach the file to the filled-in online form.
8. Submit the online form with the spreadsheet attached.
9. A University ID number with the associated visitor account will be created on the University membership system for each individual you have made a request for. You will be notified when this has taken place.
10. Activate the account(s) via https://warwick.ac.uk/register using the University ID number and date of birth. Accounts will be available for use and will appear automatically in Moodle within 24 hours.
Information on how to login to Moodle can be found in this guide.
Visitor account holders are eligible for a University card that can be collected from University House (staff), or Senate House (students).
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Use groups and groupings
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Lecture Capture enabled spaces
- Schedule a lecture capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)