A label acts as a spacer between other resources or activities on the course page. Labels are versatile and can be used to embed text, images, tables and multimedia directly onto the course page. Use a label to:
- Split up a long list of activities with a sub-heading or an image.
- Add a short description or instructions for students to a course section.
- Improve the appearance of a course.
Labels are not pages. Labels are suited to small amounts of text and individual media files that need to appear on the main course page. More than this may introduce a cluttered feel, make the space difficult to navigate, and slow down the loading of the course page.
Add a label
- Turn editing on.
- Click Add an activity or resource.
- Select Label from the Resource section.
- Add text, images, media and snippets to the label content area.
- Click Save and return to course.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Use groups and groupings
- Import and populate groups
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)