This guide details how users can edit their profile information and settings. Fields that are editable include: address, time zone, description, interests and (social media) contact details. For the purpose of authentication, you cannot change your username.
How to edit your profile
- Click on your name in the top right corner to open the User menu.
- Click Profile.
- Click Edit profile in the User details box.
- Make the desired changes to the information and settings fields. The fields are grouped into six sections: General, User picture, Additional names, Interests and Optional, which are explained below.
- Click Update profile when you have finished changing your profile settings.
- Username, First name, Surname and Email address - compulsory and non-editable fields.
- City/Town, Country, Timezone and Description - optional and editable fields.
- The Timezone field is used to convert time-related messages on the system (such as assignment deadlines) from the local timezone (the time in London) to the correct time in whichever zone you have selected.
You cannot change your profile picture in Moodle. If you would like to change your profile picture, please go to photos.warwick.ac.uk. Please note that this will change your profile picture for all University systems and online platforms.
You will be able to set your alternative or additional names here.
Use tags here to display your interests on your profile page.
There are several optional fields allowing you to add further details to your profile such as contact details and your website.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Use groups and groupings
- Import and populate groups
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)