This guide details how to access Moodle, the virtual learning environment (VLE), used at Warwick.
Moodle uses the same 'single sign on' details as other Warwick services, such as Tabula, email and web pages. The same account is used to access various University systems, websites or platforms making accessing different online services easier.
1. You can access Moodle via moodle.warwick.ac.uk or through a link in an email or on a web page shared by teaching or admin staff. These links will usually have the format https://moodle.warwick.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=54321 but may also be go.warwick.ac.uk redirects.
2. When you access Moodle for the first time the 'Welcome to Moodle' screen will display. If you have previously accessed the University's Moodle system with the same browser, please continue at point 7.
3. Click on 'Sign in' at the top right, or on 'Sign in to Moodle' on the left.
4. The 'Sign in' page will open. Type your University username into the username field, and the associated password into the password field (same details that you use to access your email). You should also select a time period for the browser to remember your details and to keep you signed in for.
5. Click 'Sign in', and you will be taken to the two-factor authentication screen.
For more information on this, please visit https://warwick.ac.uk/sso/help/twostep
6. Type in the verification code generated in your app or sent to you via text message, set the period for which you will not be asked for a code on this browser again, and click 'Sign in'.
7. This will take you to your Moodle Dashboard and you will have successfully accessed Moodle.
Troubleshooting if you are unable to login to Moodle
- Check that your details are working for tabula.warwick.ac.uk or warwick.ac.uk/insite. If your login details are not working for other services, you should contact the Help Desk on 024 765 73737 to reset your password.
- Try a different web browser - Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer. Sometimes temporary internet files can stop the single sign on process from redirecting to or authenticating you with Moodle. Contact the Help Desk for assistance with clearing these files.
- If you are a new starter, you will not be able to access immediately as your details will not have been transferred into Moodle yet. Try accessing again the following day.
- If you have completed your course, access to Moodle will close after 12 months. Access to module spaces and learning resources depends on your department and may be removed sooner. For more information on account expiry, please see https://warwick.ac.uk/services/its/servicessupport/accounts/expiry/
It is possible to allow other known users, external to the university, to login to Moodle by creating and using a visitor account linked to a University number. Please follow the 'Visitor access to Moodle' guide.
Please note if you are unable to see a module or other course space listed on your Moodle home page, it is likely that either the course is hidden or you are not yet enrolled on it. In this case, please contact the respective departmental contact for academic technologies or the ITS Academic Technology team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)