It may be necessary to allow students extra time to complete online assessments as a reasonable adjustment. This can be done in both the Moodle Assignment and Quiz.
Grant an extension for an Assignment
The Grant extension feature in the Assignment activity allows you to grant an extension to individual students.
- Open the Moodle space where the Assignment sits.
- Click on the Assignment link.
- Click View all submissions.
- Tick the box in the left-hand column next to each student who needs an extension. All those that you select must have the same new extension due date.
- Scroll down to the With selected dropdown menu underneath the table of students, select Grant extension and click Go.
Note: If the assignment does not have a due date, you will not see the Grant extension option.
- Enter an Extension due date and click the Save changes button.
- Repeat steps 4 onwards for students with a different due date.
You will see a comment in the Status column for that student that contains information on the new Extension due date.
Grant an extension for a Quiz
To grant a student extra time in a Quiz, you use the User Override feature. This enables you to change any or all of the following:
- Open and close time
- Number of attempts
- Time limit
Applying User Overrides
- In the Moodle space, click on the Quiz you would like to apply a user override to.
- Click on the Quiz Administration cog
- Click User Overrides
- Click the Add User Override button
- Amend the required setting for the chosen student.
- Click Save or Save and enter another override to make adjustments for another student.
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)