Please note: There is a known problem with this plugin tool. Despite it successfully clearing data for activities such as Quizzes, Assignments, and other activities based on the configured settings, there is a bug that prevents the custom recompletion email messages from being sent to users as expected. Colleagues in LSS (IDG) are aware of this problem and are conducting further testing and an investigation into the issue.
If you rely on this tool then this means that, for now, manual intervention is needed to ensure users receive any desired communication. We will provide updates on the situation as soon as additional information becomes available. (21/02/2024)
This feature allows you to clear all course and activity completion for users after a specified time period. After this period, users will be notified that they need to return to the course and recomplete it.
The course recompletion can be beneficial when used for refresher training courses which need to be completed every year, for example.
The following activity types have separate settings which allow you to specify how their grades are handled.
- Assignment - You can choose to give the student another attempt (if the assignment is configured to allow reopening and the maximum number of attempts has not been reached.)
- Questionnaire - You can choose to delete all existing attempt data with the option to archive the information.
- Quiz - You can choose to delete all existing quiz attempt data with the option to archive the information or, you can keep the existing attempts and give the student the ability to add new attempts.
- SCORM - You can choose to delete all existing SCORM attempt data with the option to archive the information.
How to enable course recompletion
You must have completion tracking enabled within your course with course completion criteria already set. See the guide on Activity completion for more information.
- Click on the Actions menu and select Course recompletion.
- Tick the box for Enable recompletion and set the recompletion period.
- You have the option to customise the message sent to students when they receive the reminder to complete the course again. Fill in the custom message subject and body if you enable this.
- We recommend that you leave the Delete all grades for the user and Archive completion data ticked.
- Click on the Help icon to read about the options available and choose accordingly.
- Click the Save changes button.
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)